Help Us Help You
Please make sure to turn in your application with enough time for us to process. Generally, one (1) week or 5 working days is sufficient. However, if you are requesting (or the city requires you to pull additional approvals or permits/licenses for) special parking waivers, police assistance, mock weapons, filming in alleys, towing, fire hydrant, tent, tractor-trailer, debris container, stage, or other request that anther city agency must review and/or approve, please turn your application in with AT LEAST 2-weeks in advance. Failure to provide sufficient processing time may put your production in jeopardy of getting the permits and resources it needs.
Film Permit Process
- USE THE APPLICATION TO THE RIGHT
- this provides us with all the information we need to issue you a permit.
- (Unfortunately, emailing us info about your shoot, or calling asking how to get a permit only slows us down.)
- What’s in the Application? Feel free to scroll through the application – you’ll notice instructions and tips for most questions.
- Basic contact information about you and the production company (name address email, phone #’s etc.)
- Title of Production, Network, and short description of the show, AND description of what you’ll be shooting here in DC.
- LOCATIONS – we must have locations. We will not process ‘general b-roll, or various city locations, or ‘around DC’. If in doubt, check our jurisdictional map or if all else fails, put Constitution and Independence Ave from 3rd to 14th St.
- Upload your COI insurance certificate. There are specific instruction in the app. You can email the COI later if need be – won’t stop our intake processing.
- DATES and TIMES – please allow a minimum of 5 business days for us to process everyone’s application. POLICE, TRAFFIC, OR OTHER REQUESTS TAKE LONGER.