For several months, filmmakers, artists, & creative entrepreneurs are afforded access to regular working space and government partners to further develop their work. The 202Creates Residency Program joins Mayor Muriel Bowser’s portfolio of activities supporting the creative economy.
Film Permit Process
- USE THE APPLICATION TO THE RIGHT (or below if you're on a smaller screen)
- this provides us with all the information we need to issue you a permit.
- (Unfortunately, emailing us info about your shoot, or calling asking how to get a permit only slows us down.)
- What’s in the Application? Feel free to scroll through the application – you’ll notice instructions and tips for most questions.
- Basic contact information about you and the production company (name address email, phone #’s etc.)
- Title of Production, Network, and short description of the show, AND description of what you’ll be shooting here in DC.
- LOCATIONS – we must have locations. We will not process ‘general b-roll, or various city locations, or ‘around DC’. If in doubt, check our jurisdictional map or if all else fails, put Constitution and Independence Ave from 3rd to 14th St.
- Upload your COI insurance certificate. There are specific instruction in the app. You can email the COI later if need be – won’t stop our intake processing.
- DATES and TIMES – please allow a minimum of 5 business days for us to process everyone’s application. POLICE, TRAFFIC, OR OTHER REQUESTS TAKE LONGER.