Insurance Requirements


All film productions shooting in public space controlled by the city government are required to provide this office a copy of their certificate of liability insurance for $1M per occurence.
Student filmmakers should consult with their instructors or faculty at the school he or she attends.
Students do need to provide liability insurance coverage just as any other production; however in some cases, the school may make some arrangements on the student's behalf. Again, please ask you school -- this office wil not know how to answer a school-related question.
All insurance documents MUST indemnify the District of Columbia, and name the following legal entity as additional insured on the document (see example COI below):
The Government of the District of Columbia
1350 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20004


Example of a Certificate of Insurance (COI)

Example of Certificate of Insurance(COI)