On February 19, 2020, Mayor Muriel Bowser signed the “Go-Go Music of the District of Columbia Designation Act of 2019” making Go-Go the official music of Washington, DC. The District is proud of its native Go-Go Music and the talented local musicians who have created our city’s distinct musical sound that transcends geographical and demographic boundaries.
OCTFME’s Go-Go Sponsorship Fund (Go-Go Sponsorship Fund) was created to provide artists and organizations with the tools and resources to further the mission to expand Go-Go Music history and culture.
The Application Process
If you are interested in the Go-Go Sponsorship Fund, please review the information below that details the Application Submission Process, provides the Application Link, includes FAQs and Contact Information for any additional questions.
1. Determine If You Are Eligible
Prior to applying for funding, applicants must meet all of the following eligibility criteria:
- Applicant must be eighteen (18) years or older.
- Applicant’s organization or business must be planning or hosting a DC-based creative event, festival, media project, or an education opportunity. OR a creative event/program/project that supports the District’s Go-Go Music industry.
- The event, program, or project must take place on or before September 30 of the current fiscal year of the application; and
- Upon approval, applicant must supply an invoice and W-9 to OCTFME.
- Applicant must not have received Go-Go funding from OCTFME within the fiscal year of the request.
- All marketing materials for the event, program, or project approved for Go-Go sponsorship funding must include OCTFME-provided logos.
- All support requests must be Go-Go Music centric.
2. Check the Required Documents:
All applicants must submit a proposal to include the following:
- A detailed description of the event, program, or project
- Business or organization overview
All applicants must submit an itemized budget for the funding amount requested.
- The itemized budget should provide a detailed breakdown of expenditures to be covered by the requested funding amount; and
- No food allotment can be included in the budget due to government funding restrictions.
Submission Dates & Times
- The event, program, or project must take place on or before September 30 of the current fiscal year of the application.
- To be considered for sponsorship the event, program, or project must be at least forty-five (45) days out.
- All Applications for Go-Go Funding can be made via the Application Link.
- OCTFME does not accept mailed, emailed or hand-delivered copies of applications and/or the required attachments.
- An OCTFME team member in the Creative Affairs Office (CAO) will follow up within 14 business days.
Incomplete applications that do not follow the specified instructions and guidelines will be ineligible for review and funding. Applicants are encouraged to read through the requirements in its entirety before applying.
If you would like more information or have any additional questions regarding the Go-Go Sponsorship Fund, please email [email protected] with subject line “Go-Go Sponsorship Inquiry.”
Frequently Asked Questions
How many requests can I submit in a fiscal year?
Once you have received funding, you are ineligible to submit another request within the same fiscal year.
How much funding can I apply for?
- To ensure equitable distribution throughout the fiscal year, funding requests over $10,000 will not receive more than 50% of the overall project/event budget.
- Please note that requests for funding are not a guarantee of full payout of requested funds. Approved funding amounts are up to the agency’s discretion.
How do I access the Online Application?
All Applications for Go-Go Funding can be made HERE. Applicants will be asked to upload required documents (Proposal, along with an Itemized Budget).
When will I be notified about my application decision?
Within 14 business days, applicants are notified by email regarding their Go-Go Sponsorship Application decision along with further instructions as applicable.
If my application is approved, what happens next?
Within 30 business days, the applicant will be notified to finalize sponsorship fund payment.
How far in advance should funding requests be submitted?
No less than 45 days prior to the event or project
How long does it take to receive funding if approved?
If the applicant is approved for funding, please allow up to 30 days from the date of the fully executed funding agreement to receive funding.
For More Information
If you would like more information or have any additional questions regarding the Go-Go Sponsorship Fund, please send an email to [email protected] with subject line “Go-Go Sponsorship Inquiry.”